[Mailman-Users] Setting Header For Postings

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Mar 24 10:24:17 CET 2005

At 5:22 PM -0800 2005-03-23, Staven Bruce wrote:

>  We are using Mailman 2.1.5 and I was going through the FAQ's trying to
>  figure our the most secure way to set up an announce only list. I saw under
>  FAQ 3.11, the suggestion to moderate all users, and for the approved posters
>  to do the following:
>
>  	 "...A more secure alternative is for your approved posters to add
>  an Approved header to their postings as a  header, or as the first line of
>  the post)."
>
>  My question is where and how do I "add an Approved header" ?

	If you have a copy of the message sent to you as moderator, and
your MUA allows it, in the group of headers at the top of the
message, you add something like the following:

	Alternatively, you can add that as the first line of the content
of the post, either from your MUA or from the copy of the message you
see within web interface.

>                                                               I've been
>  through the Mailman interface, but I am a little confused on how to do this.

	There's not a separate part of the admin interface for this.  You
add it directly to the copy of the message you have available to you
via your MUA or the web interface.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755