[Mailman-Users] Transfering mailman lists between servers

James B. Byrne ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Mon Mar 28 21:25:34 CEST 2005

I have read and attempted to follow the instructions given in the
FAQ but I am unable to successfully transfer mailman lists between
two machines.

The source host is running mailman-2.1.5-8, the target host is
running mailman-2.1.5-33.rhel4.  I first created the lists on the
target host in order that any logical or hard links would be set up
for the archives. I next shutdown and cleared out the mail services
on the source host.  I then tarred the source hosts's
mailman/archives/private and mailman/lists and transferred these to
the target host and restored them into the appropriate directories.

Now when I access the web admin screen on the target host I am told
that there are no lists configured at all.  But, if I try and add
one of the lists that I transferred then I am told that it already
exists.  What piece of configuration data am I missing and how do I
provide it?

Regards,
Jim

--