[Mailman-Users] bounce processing on seldom-used list

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri May 13 07:57:20 CEST 2005

Hello,

We've just started digging into mailman a bit more here.  Very happy with it so
far...  A list owner brought up a good question today.  I was telling him how
this is better than a long bcc: list in Outlook and one thing that I like about
any modern mailing list software is that it handles bounces for you.

But this situation was kind of unique...  It's a large list, but it does not
get used more than 5 or 6 times a year.  The list owner would like to know when
someone is bouncing, but right after the first bounce.  Is there any way to do
that?  I didn't see too much about bounce processing in the FAQ, but it seems
like it's built around lists that see traffic more often than a few times a
year...

Any suggestions on how to hack in even some basic "here's a list of people that
bounced on this mailing for this list" functionality?  Even something outside
of mailman itself?

Thanks,

Charles