[Mailman-Users] mp3 attachment

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon May 16 17:51:27 CEST 2005

John Fleming wrote:

>I assume this has something to do with the type of allowed attachments?  If
>so, would someone please tell me what I need to add exactly/where to allow
>mp3 attachments?

It depends on how your Content filtering is currently set up. The mime
type of an mp3 should be 'audio/mpeg', but the sending MUA may give it
another type, even 'application/octet-stream'. If you allow the
latter, you might as well just turn content filtering off.

Anyway, assuming your filtering is currently set up with
filter_mime_types empty and some entries in pass_mime_types, you need
to add audio/mpeg and if not there already, multipart/mixed to
pass_mime_types. That should work for all "correct" mp3 attachments.