[Mailman-Users] Bounce message confusion

Robin Rowe rower at movieeditor.com
Thu Nov 17 08:56:55 CET 2005

After my Mailman list exceeded 500 subscribers I started getting
complaints from subscribers of spurious bounce messages. There's nothing
wrong with their email addresses. I can't seem to turn these annoying
bounce messages off in Mailman. What settings should I try?

At my ISP the SMTP message rate seems to be throttled to 500/hour, and
that may be what's triggering the bounce problem to begin with. Is there
a setting to throttle Mailman so it won't overrun the mail server?

My ISP has Mailman 2.1.6. I control it via it's web form, no shell.

I'm not sure what approach to take with this problem. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Robin