[Mailman-Users] hide lists from listinfo page only (leave on admin page)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Oct 5 20:11:33 CEST 2005

At 10:16 PM -0700 2005-10-04, Xiaoyan Ma wrote:

>  I have submitted the new feature request as you suggested. As for
>  applying patches, I don't know how it will affect upgrades.

	That could be a problem, yes.

>                                                               Do you
>  normally need to un-patch before upgrade and then re-apply patches?

	I don't normally try to do that, no.  But then, I don't normally
need to apply patches to my Mailman installations, either.

>  I would like to learn from other people on the list about how to
>  organize large number of lists.

	There are some postings from people who maintain the lists for
freebsd.org or lists.apple.com that you will find in the archives,
some of which are also linked from the Mailman FAQ Wizard -- search
for "performance", and you should see all the ones that are linked.

	There's definitely a lot of wisdom encapsulated in these various
posts.  I would encourage you to read all these FAQ entries and
messages, and then ask any further questions you may have.

>                     Mailman's listinfo/admin page simply displays all lists
>  from a-z (unless they are hidden).  When there are hundreds of lists, it is
>  not easy to find the list you for are looking for and once you find it you
>  can not tell if you can subscribe to it.

	This is an area of the Mailman user interface that could use
improvement, yes.  For the moment, try using the "find" feature
within your browser.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755