[Mailman-Users] Documentations on Mailman package

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Oct 7 09:58:05 CEST 2005

    Brad> At 10:46 PM -0700 2005-10-05, Xiaoyan Ma wrote:

    >> Are there documentations on how the Mailman package is
    >> organized? I am learning Python and would like to understand
    >> how the Mailman package, modules are organized.  I found docs
    >> on how to use Mailman as a site admin, list owner/subscriber,
    >> but have not found any docs on the package itself.

    Brad> 	It sounds like you've found all the documentation that
    Brad> exists. As for the rest, well Python is supposed to be
    Brad> largely self-documenting....

If you've got a capable workstation, then

cd /path/to/mailman
pydoc -p 4242

and open http://localhost:4242/ in your favorite browser is likely to
be very helpful.  I haven't tried it yet on Mailman, but it has been
very effective on some of my own small projects.  You may need to
descend into subdirectories before starting pydoc.  pydoc -g might
work the same way, but with a built-in browser.  I haven't tried that
either, I like my Firefox.