[Mailman-Users] Approved Headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 20 01:51:32 CEST 2005

Jeanne Goodman wrote:
>Can you recommend a Windows Friendly MUA that does allow one to add a custom
>header?

Another response recommends Pegasus Mail.

There are also ports of Mutt which is very functional but not GUI. If
you're interested, search google for mutt+windows,

>Is there any way to edit a message before approval with my mail client
>limitation? I saw in the FAQs how to edit a message by forwarding it to
>yourself and changing the headers.

Either the first method in the FAQ can be used, or if you have the
approval notice from Mailman, that already contains the message. You
can save the message and edit it as required. As the FAQ says, "You
should include a notice in the message explaining that the list
moderator has edited the message."

Then you need to 'resend' it with a mail client that can do this.
AFAIK, MS-OE can't do it.