[Mailman-Users] New mailman user

Andrew Steele andrew at cnet.org
Mon Sep 5 23:33:47 CEST 2005

On 3 Sep 2005 at 15:14, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I'm guessing you now have a cgi wrapper group mismatch error. See
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.016.htp

Thanks for this although I certainly hope this isn't the case.  I'm
fast reaching the point of throwing the towel in :-(

> Also, if you have access to your web server's error log, look there for
> more specific information.

I checked and find every attempt to access the mailman/admin or
listinfo addresses eg: http://airedale.cnet.org/mailman/listinfo
returns the following entry in the web server log:

[Mon Sep  5 22:11:09 2005] [error] [client 82.38.50.159] Premature
end of script headers: /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo

I'm open to suggestions as to what this might be caused by...

> Also, be sure the group of the cgi-bin/ directory and the wrappers it
> contains is the Mailman's group.

These both user and group mailman.

Still hoping for a solution... :-)

Andrew