[Mailman-Users] Hello & Question about compile error under OS X10.4.2

Jakko Westerbeke jakko at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 12 11:00:20 CEST 2005

According to Mark Sapiro, on 11-9-05 21:23 the word on the street was...

> See
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp
> and in particular the linked post at
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-July/045693.html

Thanks, but I already found those articles and followed their
instructions -- they work well until I run make install and encounter
this error :(

> I think you can simply edit /usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.py

That was the first thing I tried, without success ...

And as I'm trying again now, I've just completed the make step, but can
only find paths.py in /usr/local/mailman-2.1.6/misc/ (which is the dir
I'm installing from, not to). *some waiting later* Strangely, but
happily, it worked now. I have no idea what I did wrong first time
round, but make install just exited without errors.

Thanks :) Time to get on with the rest of the install :)

--
Jakko Westerbeke <jakko at xs4all.nl>
http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/afv