[Mailman-Users] Cron jobs on Tiger Server

David Scribner BIConsulting at blackiris.com
Mon Sep 12 14:07:08 CEST 2005

Somehow since the beginning of the month none of my Mailman cron jobs
are running correctly.  The mailpasswds cron job ran on the 1st of
the month but since then none of the jobs like "senddigests" or the
daily reminders of pending administrative notices have been running.
I don't know what is causing this.  I did not make any changes to the
set-up of Mailman except for adding several new mailing lists.

Digests have been sent at odd times, none of which have made any
sense to me since they are not going out at the appointed time or
because they have reached the set size to be sent.

I have checked the permissions and as far as I can se they are all OK
so I'm not sure where to look to find the problem.  Below is a
listing of the Mailman cron jobs showing the permissions if that
might help any of you to help me figure this out.

Thanks

David Scribner
BI Consulting

lists2:/usr/share/mailman administrator$ ls
Mailman         cron            messages        templates
bin             icons           pythonlib       tests
cgi-bin         mail            scripts
lists2:/usr/share/mailman administrator$ cd cron
lists2:/usr/share/mailman/cron administrator$ ls
bumpdigests     crontab.in      gate_news       nightly_gzip    paths.pyc
checkdbs        disabled        mailpasswds     paths.py        senddigests
lists2:/usr/share/mailman/cron administrator$ ls -al
total 144
drwxrwsr-x   12 root     mailman    408 Jul 30 16:15 .
drwxrwsr-x   13 root     mailman    442 Mar 20 17:17 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mailman   2374 Mar 20 17:17 bumpdigests
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mailman   5930 Mar 20 17:17 checkdbs
-rw-r--r--    1 root     mailman   1261 Mar 20 17:17 crontab.in
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mailman   8238 Mar 20 17:17 disabled
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mailman  10170 Mar 20 17:17 gate_news
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mailman   9065 Mar 20 17:17 mailpasswds
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mailman   4376 Mar 20 17:17 nightly_gzip
-rw-r--r--    1 root     mailman   2412 Mar 20 17:17 paths.py
-rw-r--r--    1 mailman  mailman    653 Jul 30 16:15 paths.pyc
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mailman   2363 Mar 20 17:17 senddigests