[Mailman-Users] config.pck, apache, permissions and Errno 13

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 19:29:14 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 18:45 +0200, Sam Gamgee wrote:
> yes I have run check_perms several times.
> I often get wrong group errors such as:
>
> /var/lib/mailman/logs/qrunner bad group (has: list, expected mailman)
> /var/lib/mailman/logs/smtp bad group (has: list, expected mailman)
>
> I don't know what keep causing these, but so far they don't seem to have any
> negative effects.

If check_perms is reporting problems you've got problems you need to
fix. By default check_perms only reports problems, it does not fix them,
to fix them you need to supply the -f argument.

If your cgi wrappers are not group mailman then its setgid property is
not going to work the way you expect. For instance if its group "list"
then its going to execute as group "list" and the fact the files it
references are -rw-rw---- mailman:mailman won't help because they are
not in the group "list". Make sense?
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>