[Mailman-Users] mailman archive doesn't word wrap

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Sep 28 02:38:43 CEST 2005

Jim Poteet wrote:

>I'm having a problem with my archive not doing line wrapping, ie, each paragraph in a message shows as an infinitely long line that requires horizontal scrolling to read. The following message was posted on this list a couple of years ago, but the thread ended and I didn't see any further comment. Does anyone know if this is still applicable?

The two settings mentioned by Tokio are still in the source so I assume
they're still applicable.

>Is it a global change or can it be done list by list?

It is a global change to the source code. Also, I think the archive
will need to be rebuilt (bin/arch --wipe) following the change to make
the change effective for existing posts in the archive.

>Are ISPs generally willing to make such a change?

Some may be, but I think generally not because most are unwilling to
make customizations that have to be remade with every update, even if
they are willing to make mm_cfg.py or template changes.