[Mailman-Users] Customize an Auto-Respond Message

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Sep 29 05:50:50 CEST 2005

Felipe wrote:

>I've searched the archives but I can't find my solution.
>I want to customize the unsubscribe message which is automatically sent.
>The text now reads:
>
>What I want is in carets below:
><the name and address> has been unsubscribed.<line break>
coded and cannot be changed without changing the code.

The body of the message contains the text from the list's goodbye_msg
attribute (on the General Options page). This text is filled and
wrapped. You can force a paragraph break by inserting an empty line,
and you can prevent filling of a line by beginning the line with white
space.

There is no way to insert the members name or address or any other
variable info without changing code.