[Mailman-Users] Can't send or receive via mail lists

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 22:57:35 CEST 2006

On 4/5/06, Webmaster <webmaster at gypsydev.us> wrote:
> If these are already set, do I still need to create a new site wide mail
> list?  Perhaps these are pointing to a site list that just doesn't
> exist?  Or, do these have nothing to do with each other?

These are, indeed, interrelated. If you *do* have a site list, then,
according to those aliases, it ought to be under something like:
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/mailman
If this doesn't exist, it's safe to remove those aliases.

Please note that, as a rule, problems with mailman installations under
cpanel should actually be directed to the cpanel folks; as I
understand, they don't do a very good job of installing/configuring
mailman, and configuration problems basically amount to issues with
cpanel, rather than mailman, and so fall outside the expertise of
those of us on mailman-users.

--
- Patrick Bogen