[Mailman-Users] Which lists does a subscriber belong to

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Apr 23 01:13:19 CEST 2006

Jim Swift wrote:

>I used to send the command "which email_address" to the lyris manager and
>received the list names that the address was subscriber to.
>
>Please could someone let me know how I can get this information from Mailman?

There is no email way to get this in Mailman.

If you have command line access to the Mailman installation,
bin/find_member will do this. Actually it does more. It finds all
addresses that match a regular expression and then lists the lists
that each address belongs to.

In addition a user can go to her/his options page for any list and
click "List my other subscriptions" to see all lists in the domain to
which she/he is subscribed.

By extension, an admin of any list can go to the membership list pages
and click any members address to get the members options page and then
click the "List my other subscriptions" button to get the names of all
the lists to which the member belongs.

Other than the above, there is no web way to get this information
directly.