[Mailman-Users] [Fwd: Formatting Questions]

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 1 19:32:15 CEST 2006

Jewel wrote:

>I can't seem to send the following message to the Mailman listserv.
>Please help.

<snip>

>The message's content type was not explicitly allowed

You are sending an HTML post which is not accepted by content
filtering. Send either plain text or multipart/alternative with a
text/plain alternative.

>I am having trouble formatting a signature on the welcome message. Are
>there any formatting tips someone can advise me on? I am going into
>General Options and into the welcome message. I want the signature to
>look like this:
>

>Jewel Makda
>
>Student Computer Services Coordinator
>
>Washburn University School of Law Library
>
>1700 SW College Ave. Topeka, KS 66621
>

>but it instead looks like this for example:
>

>Jewel Makda Student Computer Services Corrdinator Washburn University
>
>School of Law Library 1700 SW College Ave. Topeka, KS 66621

>From the (Details for welcome_msg) link.

Note that this text will be wrapped, according to the following rules:

    * Each paragraph is filled so that no line is longer than 70
characters.
    * Any line that begins with whitespace is not filled.
    * A blank line separates paragraphs.

So, if you really have blank lines in between each line as above, I
don't know why it is wrapped in the final result, but if not, you can
eather put blank lines in between each line or precede each line with
a single blank space to prevent filling and wrapping.

>Also, when I try to edit the html pages I get the following error:
>
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>Please inform the webmaster for this site of this
>problem. Printing of traceback and other system information has been
>explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in
>the
>Mailman error logs.

And what is in Mailman's error log?