[Mailman-Users] add_member with nomail option set?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Aug 21 18:39:34 CEST 2006

Alexander Lazarevich wrote:

>I've trying to add members to a list, via command line, with the nomail
>option set. add_member doesn't have that option. I checked clone_member,
>which *says* it will clone a members settings to a new account, but that
>doesn't seem to inherit the nomail option.

That's right. clone_member only clones the message/digest setting an
the bit flag options.

>How do I create new members via command line, or set the members nomail
>flag via command line. There is no way the only way to do this is via the
>web interface, is there?

You need a withlist script such as the following:

"""Set a member to no mail by admin.

Save as bin/set_nomail.py

Run via

   bin/withlist -r set_nomail <listname> <member>

from Mailman import MemberAdaptor

def set_nomail(mlist, member):
    if not mlist.Locked():
    mlist.setDeliveryStatus(member, MemberAdaptor.BYADMIN)