[Mailman-Users] Need to stop mailman

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Aug 24 19:10:19 CEST 2006

At 11:57 AM -0400 2006-08-24, Gary Hall wrote:

>  Question: What do I look for? Have I missed anything? Is there a "file"
>  that holds emails that need to be sent out?

Some messages will have been delivered by Mailman to your MTA, so you
will also need to clean out those messages.  How those are stored by
your MTA will vary by the program, and you'll need to use their
resources (books, online documentation, FAQs, mailing lists, etc...)
in order to learn how to properly clean out their queues.

Mailman also maintains its own queue of messages that are going to be
sent out, but which have not yet been handed to the MTA.  Look in
/usr/local/mailman/qfiles/out, or /var/mailman/qfiles/out, or
wherever it is that your OS puts the Mailman queue directory
structure.

>                                               Has anyone else had this
>  problem?

Not the way you've described it, no.

>            Is this guy blowing smoke up my *(^&%?

That would be my impression, but perhaps there is something happening
that you are not aware of and have not included in your description
of the problem.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.