[Mailman-Users] Quicker way to subscribe someone?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Aug 25 23:54:44 CEST 2006

Allan Trick wrote:

>My question this time is:  is there a simpler way to subscribe one
>person to all 20 of our lists, and have the 'mod' bit unchecked for
>her?  I've been going into each list thru the web interface,
>selecting Mass Subscription, adding the person, and then going to the
>Membership List and unchecking the 'mod' bit that is on by default.
>
>I'll be there's a much simpler command-line way to do it.  Hope so!

Consider something like

#!/bin/sh
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare`
do echo $1 | bin/add_members -r - -w y -a n $list
done

in the Mailman installation directory, cd there and run

./script user_to_subscribe at example.com

See bin/add_members --help for an explaination of the options.

You'll still need to set Privacy options->Sender
filters->default_member_moderation to No for each list if you don't
want the new member to be moderated.