[Mailman-Users] changing email content for moderated add user

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Feb 1 13:15:56 CET 2006

At 9:53 PM -0800 2006-01-31, Porter wrote:

>  I am using mailman on an ISP hosted server via  cpanel.  Subscription to
>  the list requires "Confirm and approve".  Is there any  way to add the
>  subscriber's name to the email that goes to the moderator?   Example of
>  existing email below.  It would be nice to have the name that was
>  entered during the subscription process along with the email  address.

	The kind of modification you're asking for would require changing
the Mailman source code written in Python.  Since you say you're
using an ISP hosted server with cPanel, modifying the source code is
not an option for you.  Modifying the source may not even be an
option for your ISP, but you could ask.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755