[Mailman-Users] Publishing participant posting statistics

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Feb 6 00:10:54 CET 2006

At 11:04 AM -0800 2006-02-05, Dave Crocker wrote:

>  I would like to publish an "activity" report every month, to show who the
>  most active participants are and how many messages they have posted (and
>  what percent of the total this constitutes.)

	That's kind of the thing that my "mmdsr" script does, only my
script works on a daily basis as opposed to monthly.  See
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123383&group_id=103&atid=300103>
for a slightly older version of my script -- the latest version has
been checked into CVS for inclusion in the contrib/ directory with
the upcoming Mailman version 2.1.8, but I have not yet had a chance
to upload the latest code direct to this page.

	Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about this
script, and note that it is released under a BSD-style license -- if
you make any modifications, I'd love to hear about them although that
is not a requirement.

	This question is also kind of related to FAQ 1.30, see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.030.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755