[Mailman-Users] Virtual Servers

Jon Loose jjloose at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 22:47:48 CET 2006

Many thanks for your help, which has precipitated
progress.  I am now able to see the appropriate lists
when accessing the system via the appropriate domain.
Thus www.domain1.org/mailman/admin leads to the
domain1 lists, and www.domain2.org/mailman/admin leads
to the domain2 lists.  All to the good.

However, I now find that sending a message to the list
on domain2 leads to copies being sent out to a local
user, but not to any users outside my network.  This
looks like an MTA issue, and so I'm sure I should have
fixed things slightly differently in postfix.  Further
comments below:

>>The question is, what do I need to do next in
>>postfix/mailman to make the two work together?
>>
>>1 - Do I need to edit /etc/postfix/virtual?
>

> I'm not really familiar with Postfix, but see

<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html>
and the
> other material in that section of the manual.

The trouble is, this is the documentation I don't
understand!  Can anyone help?  Specifically, having
set up domain2 as a virtual domain in postfix, what do
I need to do to allow mailman to use this?  I suspect
the /etc/postfix/virtual will need editing (do aliases
need moving from /etc/aliases for this?) but am not
sure.

>>2 - What changes do I need to make to mailman?
>

> In mm_cfg.py you need to set/add the following (see
Defaults.py for
> documentation)
>
> MTA = Postfix
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS
> add_virtualhost('url_hostname', 'email_hostname')
>
> If the Defaults.py settings
>
> POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
> POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'
>
> aren't correct, override them in mm_cfg.py

Got it... FYI, the "MTA=Postfix" threw up an error,
but all went well without this line.

>>3 - Do I need to make any changes to httpd.conf or
>>other apache config files? (note that I can access
the
>>mailman admin interface via domain1/mailman/admin
and
>>also domain2/mailman/admin, but at present the list
of
>>email lists only shows up via domain1/mailman/admin)
>

> Perhaps you are OK as is with apache then. If you
put the
> add_virtualhost() in mm_cfg.py and run fix_url to
set the domain2 list
> to 'domain2', that list should 'move to' the domain2
listinfo and
> admin overview pages.

Thanks,

Jon