[Mailman-Users] Protecting Administrators

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Feb 23 06:01:16 CET 2006

I run about 80 lists via Mailman.  My ISP uses a spam filtering program called PostIni.  All mail goes through it, even though individual users may turn it off -- which I have.

Apparently, things can happen that cause PostIni to block mail to a user, it seems to happen at times of heavy spam, but the ISP doesn't seem to know much more, and they say the Postini folks won't talk about it, they consider it to be proprietary info.

Anyway, this is a long way to say that even though I am Administrator, I occasionally get disabled on one or more lists.  With so many lists I occasionally miss the message that Mailman sends.  Then I am off the list, and don't know it.

Is there any way to protect a list subscription, despite bounces?

David Andrews