[Mailman-Users] subscribe policy for admin and user approval notworking

Jana Nguyen jnguyen at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 24 23:10:16 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Jana Nguyen wrote:
>

>>I want both confirmation from admin and user prior to subscribing to a
>>list.  I modified the 'mm_cfg.py' file with the
>>entry below, but it only ask for user confirmation and not admin?  Do I
>>need to comment out the DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY=1
>>in the Defaults.py file (I believe you don't modify this file).
>>
>># SUBSCRIBE POLICY
>># 0 - open list (only when ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE is set to 1) **
>># 1 - confirmation required for subscribes
>># 2 - admin approval required for subscribes
>># 3 - both confirmation and admin approval required
>>#
>># ** please do not choose option 0 if you are not allowing open
>># subscribes (next variable)
>>SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 3
>>

>DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY sets the initial subscribe_policy for new
>lists. You may or may not want to override that in mm_cfg.py with
>DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 3,

Did this, then restart the mailman server, but it only sent confirmation
for user and did not ask the admin (still does not work):

DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 3

> but what you really want in this case is
>to go to the list admin interface Privacy options...->Subscription
>rules page for the existing list and set subscribe_policy to Confirm
>and Approve.

I don't want to rely on the list manager of each mailing list that they
will enable this option.  I want to set it in the policy or mm_cfg.py to
ensure
that this policy is enable.

Thanks,
Jana