[Mailman-Users] Weirdness

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 27 20:04:49 CET 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>I have users subscribe to a list but yet I always have to approve their posts
>for some reason.

For what reason? Every hold has a reason, what is this one?

>And when I do have it accept this address for future posts, it
>still emails me to apporove it. Any ideas???

The check box to accept future posts only applies to non-members.

I'm guessing that your new members are moderated because Privacy
options...->Sender filters->default_member_moderation is set to Yes.
If this is not what you want, set it to No and then on Membership
Management...->Membership List under Additional Member Tasks - "Set
everyone's moderation bit, including those members not currently
visible", select "No" and click "Set".