[Mailman-Users] Confirmation e-mail goes to user that is not admin or moderator

Charles M. Owen cmowen at att.net
Sat Jan 28 02:21:08 CET 2006

Sorry, I did miss it somehow. I will post against this topic, since it is
more appropriate.

I am an end-user of a rented server. I do not have access to mailman
directly. What is "MTA"?

I did discover three things.

1) The person getting the unwanted message sent me a copy and it was to
<list>-owner@<example.com> from mailman-bounces@<example.com>

2) When I added the list through the control panel, it automatically placed
a forwarder (only one) in the forwarder list:

owner-<list>@<example.com>  ==>>> <list>-admin@<example.com>

2) Two people DID GET it that I did not expect and I found both addresses as
forwarded from the "Default Address Maintenance" where "All unrouted mail
will be sent".

SO... I get the message for being in the moderator field as I should and
they get it for unrouted mail. "<list>-owner" instead of "owner-<list>"
should be forwarded. This is my working theory!! I have an idea of this is
the course of action, but those more familiar can advise.

THUS... what do I need to do or get the provider to fix?

Charles