[Mailman-Users] Checking 'accept_these_nonmembers' before subscriber list?

Steven Premeau premeau at uwp.edu
Tue Jan 31 17:24:09 CET 2006

At UW-Parkside, we are using mailman for (among other things) as a
method for targeted announcements to our user base.

We have things working via the moderation flags for subscribers and
However, we have just encountered the situation where one of the
subscribers is also a 'non-member' that would be allowed to post, but
the moderation flag is being checked first.

Is there a way to process the accept nonmember list first, then
subscriber moderation?

Steven Premeau, Network Manager      premeau at uwp.edu           (262) 595-2005
Computer and Network Services              University of Wisconsin - Parkside
 "A car is more costly, complex, and dangerous than any word processor.  Yet
 you don't find a thousand page operating manual, nor must you check with a
 friend to learn how to close the window ..."
                                       - Cliff Stoll in "Silicon Snake Oil"