[Mailman-Users] Checking 'accept_these_nonmembers' beforesubscriber list?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 31 18:48:38 CET 2006

Steven Premeau wrote:

>However, we have just encountered the situation where one of the
>subscribers is also a 'non-member' that would be allowed to post, but
>the moderation flag is being checked first.
>
>Is there a way to process the accept nonmember list first, then
>subscriber moderation?

Not via any configuration option.

If this is specific to this user (or just a few), you could just set
moderation off for this user, or possibly the user could post as e.g.
user at example.com which is in accept_these_nonmembers, and subscribe to
the list as user at server.example.com.

If you're looking for a general solution that doesn't involve manual
intervention if an authorized poster subscribes to the list, other
than training the posters to subscribe with a 'different' address, I
don't think there is one.