[Mailman-Users] attachments created by Mailman?

mail at ilovewhimsy.com mail at ilovewhimsy.com
Tue Jun 13 21:27:43 CEST 2006

I would be ever so grateful if someone can help me with this. I've
spent many hours -- days, actually -- setting up a one-way newsletter.
Everything now works fine, except -- when I send an HTML email,
Mailman seems to duplicate my images (which I have NOT included as
attachments--they're hosted on the Web) and send them along as
attachments. I'm afraid that my subscribers won't even want to open my
newsletter when they see what appear to be attachments. The files look
like this:

    image6.gif (< 0.01 MB), image7.gif (< 0.01 MB), image8.gif (< 0.01
MB), image9.gif (0.01 MB), image10.gif (< 0.01 MB), image11.jpg (0.02
MB), image12.jpg (0.01 MB)

The file names you see here were created by the software. They DO NOT
show up when I open a copy in my Outlook Express client--but I do get
the paper clip attachment icon beside the email in the list view. I
got these file names by sending a copy to my Hotmail account, where
they do appear.

Since the newsletter is to advertise my latest artwork, I do need to
send at least a couple of images!

I tried configuring the content filtering, but it's a bit over my
head, and I only managed to strip the html.

Connie