[Mailman-Users] Throttling output

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at firmix.at
Tue Jun 13 23:42:50 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 11:39 -0400, Steve Campbell wrote:
[...]
> Sounds great. In fact, this is sort of what the Milter people suggested
> without the milter, although I didn't see where the throttling would occur.

First you throw the 22.000 mail in the mail queue. And the normal queue
run will deliver these emails + all others in the queue. So you probably
want to limit the queue runner anyways (say not more than 100 - or
whatever works good enough - concurrent processes delivering email).

So the throttling is done within the MTA - your host is delivering
"only" 100 emails in parallel. If every mail takes around 10s, you need
around 36 minutes to deliver (or at least try to) all emails. YMMV ...

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services