[Mailman-Users] spamming of my list

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Mon Jun 19 19:20:34 CEST 2006

I'm having the same problem.

Maybe a solution can be to use the KNOW_SPAMERS[] variable as Mark
suggested,
something like:

KNOWN_SPAMMERS = [('subject', '^.*spam'), ('x-spam-flag', 'yes')]

The problem with this is that SpamAssassin does not provide a
header like:
x-spam-flag: yes
instead, it provides a header like:
x-spam-score: 5.2

When the score is greater than 5.0, it is a spam.

My personal wishlist:

I have installed SpamAssassin in my MTA, so, what I'm searching is way
to mailman to detect the "{Spam}" string in the subject and:
- differ or discard the message (this help automation)
- if the message is differed, don't email the subject/body of the email
  to the owner (this help the report email being marked as spam in
another MTA)
- have a special flag "spam differed" so that you can do a "discard all
messages marked as spam"
  in the DB maintenance.

Having an option to configure mailman as an email client, make it easier
to integrate
it to MTAs.
If you need special settings for mailman in your MTA regarding Spam,
it makes a litle harder to install it.

Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.