[Mailman-Users] Batch delete admin requests

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Jun 24 05:44:11 CEST 2006

> I'm using Mailman 2.1.2 on a Mac OS X Server.
>
> Is there a way to batch delete a slew of admin requests without
> having to click the 'Discard' radio button on each and every one?

Not with the version of Mailman that Apple hacked up and stuffed into
MacOS X Server, no.

You might be able to use the command-line admin tools discussed in FAQ 4.9
or the additional (unsupported) web tools mentioned in FAQ 3.53, however.

> Yes, I would LOVE to update to a newer version but I am not sure what
> 'special' things Apple has done on their 'stock' install of Mailman
> on Server.

Yeah, they hacked it up alright.

One of the largest known Mailman sites uses MacOS X Server for their
machines, but they don't use the hacked up version of Mailman that Apple
provides, and for good reason -- Apple doesn't provide any measurable
amount of support to their "Server" customers.  Instead, they just hack
stuff together, throw it over the wall, and it's up to the customer base
to decide whether or not they want to catch whatever it is that they
suddenly find being dropped on them from altitude.

You like playing the game "spear catcher", right?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755