[Mailman-Users] Batch delete admin requests

Bill Whitacre bw at his.com
Sat Jun 24 12:06:09 CEST 2006

On Jun 23, 2006, at 11:44 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:

>> I'm using Mailman 2.1.2 on a Mac OS X Server.
>> Is there a way to batch delete a slew of admin requests without
>> having to click the 'Discard' radio button on each and every one?
> Not with the version of Mailman that Apple hacked up and stuffed into
> MacOS X Server, no.
> You might be able to use the command-line admin tools discussed in
> FAQ 4.9
> or the additional (unsupported) web tools mentioned in FAQ 3.53,
> however.

Thanks Brad.

I looked at the two FAQs you recommended.

FAQ 4.9 DOES have a 'discard' command and, you guessed it, Apple did
not include that in the collection they provide with Server.

Maybe it's one that came along post-2.1.2?

I did find where the held messages live though:

I wonder what would happen if I just deleted all the held messages?

I'll bet there's a command that one should run after that to re-sync
things, eh?!

>> Yes, I would LOVE to update to a newer version but I am not sure what
>> 'special' things Apple has done on their 'stock' install of Mailman
>> on Server.
> Yeah, they hacked it up alright.
> One of the largest known Mailman sites uses MacOS X Server for their
> machines, but they don't use the hacked up version of Mailman that
> Apple
> provides

Hmmm ... maybe that's what I should be doing -- use a stock and
upgradeable install of Mailman.  I did that install once a year or
more ago and it wasn't pretty, but at least one ended up with
something that was recognizable to anyone doing Mailman on other

Bill Whitacre
bw at his.com