[Mailman-Users] move mail lists from Solaris to redhat

Dany Cuyt dacuy at psb.ugent.be
Wed Jun 28 16:30:13 CEST 2006

This entry from the Mailman-Users archive helped me lot

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg35691.html

The config.db is indeed converted to a config.pck at first access.
I also copied the files in the archive folders and ran

bin/withlist -l -r fix_url mylist

Uthra Rao wrote:

> We are also migrating our mailing lists from solaris (Majordomo) to
> Red Hat Linux (Mailman). I am planning to use the mailing list web
> admin "mass subscription" upload file feature to load the mailing list
> to the new server.
>
> UR.
>

> At 08:47 AM 6/28/2006, you wrote:
>> Currently we have mailman running on an old Sun sparc with Solaris 8.
>> I installed mailman on a new linux server with Redhat 4. I did some
>> tests and mailman seems to work fine on the new system with newly
>> created lists. The next step is to move the mail lists from the Solaris
>> system to the Redat system. Does someone has done this before?
>> Can I just move the content of the lists, archive/public and
>> archive/private folders? I noticed that Linux is using sometimes a
>> different file extension than on Sun. As an example config.pck is found
>> on linux and config.db is found on Solaris
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Dany
>>

>> Security Policy:
>> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.027.htp

Dany Cuyt
DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SYSTEMS BIOLOGY            Fax:32 (0)9 3313809
GHENT UNIVERSITY/VIB,    Technology Park 927, B-9052 Gent, Belgium
Vlaams Interuniversitair Instituut voor Biotechnologie         VIB
mailto:dacuy at psb.ugent.be                  http://www.psb.ugent.be