[Mailman-Users] permission problem saving attachments to archives

kristina clair kclair at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:48:41 CEST 2006

On 3/28/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> kristina clair wrote:
> >
> >Mar 27 17:52:33 2006 (23421) Uncaught runner exception: [Errno 13]
> >Permission denied:
> >'/home/mailman/archives/private/membership/attachments/20060301/cf7df1b6/attachments.lock.server.com.23421.174'
> >
> >However the permissions on the main archives directory look ok to me?
> >
> ># ls -al /home/mailman/archives/private/membership/
> >total 4
> >drwxrws---    3 user    mailman        41 Mar 27 16:34 .
> >drwxrws---    4 user    mailman        45 Feb 21 21:45 ..
> >drwxrwsr-x    2 user    mailman         6 Mar 27 16:34 attachments
> >-rw-rw----    1 user    mailman       488 Feb 21 22:00 index.html
> >
> >I actually made that attachments directory myself to see if it would
> >help, but it did not.
> >
> >What can I change to correct this error?
>
> I don't know. Are you running SeLinux or anything with access controls
> beyond the owner/group/other permissions?

nope.

> Is there any structure below the
> /home/mailman/archives/private/membership/attachments directory?

wellll :-)
/home/mailman/archives/private/membership is actually a symlink to a
directory in a user's account.  however, i don't really understand why
mailman should have trouble writing in that directory if it has all
the correct permissions?  mailman has no problems creating archives
without attachments in that directory (and in the membership.mbox
directory which is also a symlink).

> (what
> does 'ls -lR /home/mailman/archives/private/membership/attachments'
> show?)

# ls -lR /home/mailman/archives/private/membership/attachments
/home/mailman/archives/private/membership/attachments:
total 0

Thanks,
Kristina