[Mailman-Users] Double attachments

Osmo Kujala KUJALA at jylk.jyu.fi
Tue May 9 11:02:31 CEST 2006

> I think you can just add Scrubber to the global pipeline in mm_cfg.py
> or to a list pipeline. See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.067.htp>
> for ways to do that.

Interesting, I could have used this to add Spam-filtering based on
SpamAssassin-headers. Did it replacing /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman
by call to procmail...

> If you are concerned about space, and you don't care about preserving
> as valid the links to attachments that were previously in archives or
> digests, ...

But we do care at least for non-digest mails, (digest-users may use
archive when links are lost, non-digest users too, but the have
maybe higher priority and assume attachments in tact)

>you can delete the archives/private/<list>/attachments
> directories prior to running bin/arch --wipe. Then only the
> attachments which are linked from the new archive will be stored, but
> their file names will probably be different.

Now I see that we must reprogram our archive-cutting-program.
List admins may turn the archiving off and then running
bin/arch --wipe will delete all attachments or only those in
mbox will survive. My tests (so far) show that bin/arch with
or (whithout) --wipe deletes everything except mbox in lists
archive. Have to figure out safe way to keep recent attachments
in tact. (Maybe move to safe and back is the only safe way that
might work through Mailman versions.)

Osmo