[Mailman-Users] mailman crashed; messages are shunted

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 9 21:57:35 CEST 2006

Chuck Vohs wrote:

>Last time this happened, Mark figured out from the error is was the non-ASCII
>chars in the footer...I wish it were the same error this time.

And I wish I could help you as easily this time as last, but I can't.

>It's not:
>
>May 09 15:02:56 2006 (345) Uncaught runner exception: 'function' object has no
>attribute 'rfind'
>May 09 15:02:56 2006 (345) Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 111,
>in _oneloop
>    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 167,
>in _onefile
>    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py",
>line 130, in _dispose
>    more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py",
>line 153, in _dopipeline
>    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 157,
>in process
>    if mlist.require_explicit_destination and \
>  File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1331, in
>HasExplicitDest
>    last_underscore = listfullname.rfind('_');
>AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'rfind'

This error is in cPanel specific modifications to Mailman having to do
with adding '_domain' to list names to support the 'same' list name in
multiple domains.

I don't know specifically what their patches are in this area. The only
cPanel patches I am aware of are those at
<http://koston.org/mailman-patches/mailman-2.1.3-cpanel.diff>, and the
above error didn't come from those patches either.

If you just installed a cPanel update to Mailman, that is where the
error is - it looks to me like a coding error rather than something
specific to your lists.

If you post the definition of HasExplicitDest from
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py, i.e. that part
that begins with

    def HasExplicitDest(self, msg):

through the next 'def', I might be able to suggest a fix, but the best
thing might be to back out the update if that's what's causing it (or
see if cPanel has a fix).