[Mailman-Users] problem with delivery

stephen at xemacs.org stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Nov 15 05:54:47 CET 2006

Richard Bates writes:

 > I then tried to send from the gmail account
 > only the local email address received the post.

As I understand it, gmail helpfully filters everything you send out of
your INBOX.  I see a fair number of complaints on one of the mailing
lists I subscribe to that has a lot of gmail users on it about gmail's
general disregard for the existence of mailing lists and the whole
concept of threading.

Presumably you can set preferences to avoid this.

It might be a Mailman issue, but I would start by investigating gmail
since it is known to filter in ways that some users find unintuitive.