[Mailman-Users] Too Many Lists?

Todd Seeleman seeleman at gse.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 15 16:57:27 CET 2006

Greetings,

    I've been happily converting text/aliases based lists to mailman
(Tru64 Unix v5.1b, Apache Server version: Apache/2.0.54, Mailman
version: 2.1.9) and everything has been working great.  I have 150 lists
with ~16,000 addresses distributed among them.  Most of the lists are <
100 with a few > 2000.  I find when I add another list things get goofy.
  I can get to a list's admin page fine but when I click on another
link, even a documentation or logout link, I get a "web page not found"
browser message.  At this point I cannot even logout from the admin
page.  When I remove the additional list operation returns to normal.
I've checked_perms, restarted apache & mailman, and searched the FAQ all
with no luck.  I seem to be on the boarder of some system limit.  Any ideas?

   Todd Seeleman, Systems Analyst
   Penn Graduate School of Education
   3440 Market Street, Rm 477        email: seeleman at gse.upenn.edu
   Philadelphia, PA. 19104-3325      phone: 215-573-8378