[Mailman-Users] mailman: how to display subject and date for archives when listingof archives?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Nov 18 01:39:35 CET 2006

Jana Nguyen wrote:

>How do I get the archive list to display the subject, author and date
>when I go to list archives? For example:
>
>Archive 	View by: 	Downloadable version
>11 May 2006: 	  [ Next Meeting for Workshop] [Jana Nguyen] [11 May
>2006]  	[ Text 1 KB ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060511.txt>
>

> The default that comes with mailman display the heading and we don't
>want this (see below).
>

>You can get more information about this list
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/bcc-internal>.
>
>Archive 	View by: 	Downloadable version
>11 May 2006: 	[ Thread ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060511/thread.html>
>[ Subject ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060511/subject.html>
>[ Author ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060511/author.html>
>[ Date ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060511/date.html>
>	[ Text 1 KB ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060511.txt>
>5 May 2006: 	[ Thread ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060505/thread.html>
>[ Subject ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060505/subject.html>
>[ Author ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060505/author.html>
>[ Date ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060505/date.html>
>	[ Text 438 bytes ]
><http://birn-holly.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/bcc-internal/20060505.txt>

This got lost in my inbox, partly because I don't understand the
question.

It appears from the examples above that you start new archive volumes
weekly. The first example is a particular weeks index page and the
second example is the overall table of contents. I don't know what you
are asking. Are you asking how to get the message date on a particular
weeks index page, or how to skip the overall table of contents and
have one big index page, or something else?