[Mailman-Users] Changing site domain name

Chris Puttick cputtick at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:05:58 CEST 2006

Now I know this will sound like a "didn't read the archives" and/or
"didn't read the FAQ" but I did and no solution suggested for similar
problems worked. In particular

does not fix the problem:

Mailman has been installed on a dedicated clean built box. All lists
correctly refer to the actual FQDN of the server in both web and mail
addresses and the list server is functional in most respects. However
the root/master/? (a better name escapes me but "default" iseems
inappropriate, given it is a correctly configured variable) domain of
the installation is stubbornly remaining as the IP address of the
machine. I wouldn't mind so much, except the machine is in a DMZ and
has a non-routeable IP...

All suggestions (other than the entries in the FAQ I've already read
and tried ;-) ) welcome.