[Mailman-Users] Turning attachment of the held mail *OFF*?

Jo'Asia joasia at redakcja.esensja.pl
Sat Oct 14 13:36:36 CEST 2006

I'm an administrator for a few mailman-based lists.

Since the upgrade to v. 2.1.5 I can't find an option to *not* attach
the held mail to the 'X post from Y requires approval' messages.

The result is this: a list has the size threshold set to 500KB, a
large message (say 15MB) arrives and it happens to be something that
should be accepted. So I get first the 'requires aprroval' notice with
an 15MB attachment, I approve it, and then I get - surpise! - the 15MB
mail.

And there are those people who read the 'held for approval' response,
understand only the "it did not get through" part and are sending the
BIG mail again (and again, and again, and again...)

So - is there *any* way to turn the attachments *OFF*?

Jo'Asia

--
Joanna Słupek                              ---  ---  --- .--   --- " ---
http://esensja.pl                         |--- '--  |--- |  | '--  |  --|