[Mailman-Users] Holding messages from non-members?

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:33:37 CEST 2006

I am running mailman 2.1.8 on Solaris 10 with sendmail.

I have an umbrella list which seems to be discarding messages from
non-members. With the settings below,  I expected that the correct behavior
would be to hold the messages:

On the Privacy options:
      Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
action is defined [hold]
      Should messages from non-members, which are automatically discarded,
be forwarded to the list
          moderator? [no]

The Privacy Options page also says:
" Any posting from a non-member who is not explicitly accepted, rejected, or
discarded, will have their posting filtered by the general non-member

My general non-member rules page is set to:
When a post from a non-member is received, the message's sender is matched
against the list of explicitly
If no match is found, then this action is taken.

So, why am I not seeing hold? Is there another setting somewhere that I
missed? I did change the settingso that automatically discarded postings are
forwarded to the moderator.