[Mailman-Users] Using Accepted <password> in the header

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 29 00:25:27 CEST 2006

Peter Kofod wrote:

>I was wondering if it was possible to distinguish between the list
>moderator and everyone else so that the moderator's message would be
>authenticated immediately, whereas everyone else would get discarded, as
>opposed to having be discarded manually?

Only if the moderator is also a list member and then by setting the
modreator as 'unmoderated' and everyone else as moderated, but that is
what I thought you were trying to avoid in order to prevent posting by
spoofing the moderators address.

That is what the Approved: header is for.

If by "distinguish between the list moderator and everyone else" you
mean that the list moderator knows the moderator password and is able
to pre-approve her posts via the Approved: header, then yes, that's
how you do it.