[Mailman-Users] Multiple installations on same server with Exim4and mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 29 01:43:10 CEST 2006

Phillip Ryker wrote:

>I would like to inquire whether or not anyone has successfully setup
>multiple installations of mailman-2.1.9 and exim4 on the same server.
>If you have would it be possible to see a copy of your exim.conf?  I
>have tried everything I can think of and believe I have run up against
>some issues I cannot get around.
>
>Anyone have this actually working?

Yes, I played with it and I got it working in a limited test
environment.

Here's the issue. The instruction at
<http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#virdom> is wrong! The
problem is that some stuff is defined in one or more macros with
doubled colons, but the colons only need to be doubled in one of the
places where the macros are used and not in others. This is because
one of the places where the macros are used is a list, and the default
list delimiter is ':' so other colons have to be doubled in lists only.

The solution is to define the macros with single colons and to change
the list delimiter in the line that uses a list argument (only
require_files).

i.e.

MM_UID=mailman
MM_GID=mailman
MM_HOME=/virtual/${lc:$domain}/mailman
MM_WRAP=MM_HOME/mail/mailman
MM_LISTCHK=MM_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.pck

mailman_router:
    driver = accept
    domains = +mm_domains
    require_files = <; MM_LISTCHK
    local_part_suffix_optional
    local_part_suffix = -admin     : \
                        -bounces   : -bounces+* : \
                        -confirm   : -confirm+* : \
                        -join      : -leave     : \
                        -owner     : -request   : \
                        -subscribe : -unsubscribe
    transport = mailman_transport

mailman_transport:
    driver = pipe
    command = MM_WRAP \
              '${if def:local_part_suffix \
                    {${sg{$local_part_suffix}{-(\\w+)(\\+.*)?}{\$1}}} \
                    {post}}' \
              $local_part
    current_directory = MM_HOME
    home_directory = MM_HOME
    user = MM_UID
    group = MM_GID

Alternatively, instead of

    require_files = <; MM_LISTCHK

I think you could have

    require_files = MM_LISTCHK

if you had

MM_LISTCHK=<; MM_HOME/lists/${lc:$local_part}/config.pck

where MM_HOME also has a single colon, although I didn't test that.