[Mailman-Users] rename mailman hostname

mardin at comcast.net mardin at comcast.net
Tue Oct 31 21:17:10 CET 2006

Mark,

You are great! It works now!

If renaming the mailman (2.1.5) hostname from mailman_server1.admin.net to mailman_server2.admin.net, I know that I have to modify and add the following three lines:
# vi mm_cfg.py
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mailman_server2.admin.net'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman_server2.admin.net'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

My question is how to use the following two lines:

VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

For our case, is it necessary to add the above two lines? When I did a quick test, the mailman server was working without adding these two lines.

Thanks,
Mardin

From: Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>