[Mailman-Users] Firefox password issue (was: Re: Hijacking threads and netiquette ... )

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 5 23:28:46 CEST 2006

At 3:56 PM -0500 2006-09-05, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

>  Thanks to everybody for their assistance working out what was going on
>  here.  I apologize for the heat I contributed to the discussion (while
>  pleading in extenuation that I was provoked).

There was certainly a communications breakdown, yes.  And we did
start off by going down a rathole as a result of an accident,
although we did wind up taking this thread back onto your topic which
was intended to be original.

However, while you may have felt like you were being provoked, you
should know that I certainly did not intend to provoke you, and I
don't believe that anyone else did, either.  I believe it was an
honest miscommunication, which was piled on top of some unfortunate
previous problems, and that set us up into a pattern which became
mutually non-productive.

I will apologize for anything I may have said which came across as
being provocational in nature, and assume that you (and others) would
do the same.

There may still be some minor technical issues that can/should
continue to be discussed, and if so then I hope we will be able to do
that without getting back into this pattern.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.