[Mailman-Users] Google Mail and Mailman

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 7 16:27:09 CEST 2006

At 12:24 PM +0200 2006-09-07, Thomas Eberle wrote:

>  Now the question: Is ist possible to individualize the subject line like
>  using a counter or placing a variable there that pulls the member's mail
>  address from the database how it is standard in a mail merging software?

Mailman is not a mail-merge program.  Nor is it a customer-relations
management program.  Nor does it have a user database, at least not
the kind you're thinking of.  On these subjects, you should take a
look at FAQ entries like 3.18, 3.37, and 3.40.

However, in FAQ 4.43, Tokio Kikichi mentions a patch which might be
related to your question.

Nevertheless, I would suggest that you spend some time searching the
FAQ and reading the various entries, to make sure that you've covered
all your bases.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.