[Mailman-Users] MM lists on Gmane

Jason R. Mastaler jason at mastaler.com
Sat Sep 16 21:40:03 CEST 2006

AFAIK, Gmane has a small group of administrators who add the lists.
It's possible one of them just forgot to notify you guys, or didn't
understand that he had an obligation to.  I'd guess that this was an
honest mistake more than anything malicious.  Having known Lars Magne
Ingebrigtsen for years, he's all about being a good net citizen, writing
software that is aggressively standards compliant, and all the other
good things.  Not to mention his significant contributions to open
source software.  In short, I've never known him or anything he's ever
been involved in to be "sleazy".

It seems wrong to me that you guys are preventing hundreds and perhaps
thousands of Mailman and Python users from using an extremely valuable
service (Gmane) because of what amounts to a technicality, and is most
likely just a misunderstanding.